Multiple Queues

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Hi guys,

I have been able to set this relatively painlessly and it run pretty good. I'm having an issue where I set up multiple queues and in the config file and set the application to run as a service. I've noticed that when running as a service it only picks up the first queue in the config and the other 3 queue's are not processed. However if I run the QueueManagerService.exe manually the program will then process all the queues successfully. So I have set up a Task to run every 5 minutes. I would like to be able to just run this as a service so the users don't have to wait 5-6 minutes before they get the confirmation email. Is there a known issue concerning running as a service and using multiple queues?

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2010 at 4:24 PM

It's not a known problem to me. What are are the interval settings for each queue? This is the only difference between running on timer (service) and manually (command line). The interval setting (in seconds) for each queue is being used when in service mode. There's nothing in the logic that differs between the first queue and the subsequent ones in this case.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:38 PM
I have a total of four queues each queue has an interval of the default 60 seconds. Should I take out that line from the three queues and just leave it in the first queue?

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:24 AM, manso <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It's not a known problem to me. What are are the interval settings for each queue? This is the only difference between running on timer (service) and manually (command line). The interval setting (in seconds) for each queue is being used when in service mode. There's nothing in the logic that differs between the first queue and the subsequent ones in this case.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM

No, each queue has its own setting. Strange, don't know what it might me. I wll look into it when I get a chance. Anyone else out there experiencing this behaviour?