Using a Custome Case Entity

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Hi,

I'm not a developer but have hit a wall because i cannot get an email to convert to a case and populate the account and contact attributes of my case. 

I am using a custom case entity that i created because the out of the box case withi CRM 4.0 is too restrictive for our needs.

My workflow does not work on the CRM Case nor my Custom Case and i know a lot of people are having the same problem.

I need source that will allow me to create a custom Case from an incoming email and populate the fields correctly.  The custom case does create but fields are not being populated from the email.

Is it possible to change the code here to work on my custome Case entity called ITCASE?

If so is it as simple as replacing CASE with ITCASE?

Apologies for my ignorance - i've reached the point of desperation - we should have gone live over a month ago!

Janette.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Hi,

You haven't specialized (made modification to) the existing incident entity? Then you need to get someone who can download the source and make changes to it because QM assumes there is an "incident" entity. Depending on the amount of changes you've made this can be an easy/daunting task.

Manso

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Hi Manso,

Thanks for replying.

I am not using the incident (Case) entity at all.  I am using my own custom entity to create an incident.

Is it possible to amend the source to use my custom incident entity?

Thanks,

Janette

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Hi Janette,

I understand that you are using a custom entity. Unfortunately QM does not support custom entities. We need to assume a few things (e.g. that a mail exists, an incident entiy, a contact etc) in order to make it usable for most users. This can obvoiusly be changed to suite your needs. You need a developer for a few hours to do this, though. The app is free for anyone to download and make changes to.

Thanks,
Manso