Blank Subject not working

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:45 PM

For some reason blank subjects still freeze my queue.

is there something im missing? maybe a parameter? I dont see any changes in the configuration...

i am using 1.6.1

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Hi, there's nothing special that should be set - this was a bug that was fixed in 1.6.1. By looking at your other post I can see it's not CRM QueueManager that chokes on the actual e-mail, it's something CRM doesn't like when trying to create the case. The blank subject was a bug in our code. In this case we're getting 0x80040216  An unexpected error occurred.  Platform back which isn't very helpful. It would be great if you could try and reproduce the error (send a blank e-mail to the queue) and look in App Event log for any errors. You might have to turn on tracing first by following these steps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907490.

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I posted the same thing awhile back and we still have the issue.  If someone sends an Email with a blank subject this is what we get as an error:

Alert: CRMQueueManager Event ID:0

Path:

Last modified by: System

Last modified time: 9/7/2010 4:39:38 PM

Alert description: Unhandled exception occurred in ProcessQueue

Exception:

Server was unable to process request.

Details:

0x80040216

An unexpected error occurred.

Platform

Stack trace:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at QueueManager.Helper.CRM.CrmService.Execute(Request Request) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerHelper\Web References\CRM\Reference.vb:line 149

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.CreateCase(IncomingEntity objEntity, email objEMail, QueueSetting QueueSettings, queue objQueue, systemuser objQueueOwner) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerService\QueueMonitor.vb:line 557

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ProcessQueue(QueueSetting QueueSettings) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerService\QueueMonitor.vb:line 271

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Yes, this is the same error message and it happens when we try to create a case in CRM. As I mentioned above the error we're getting back is a very generic error message from CRM and same as you are posting again. To get further details you need to look in the event log on the CRM server *or* enable tracing as described above. Queue Manager isn't choking on a blank subject. CRM is and I don't know why, perhaps because a case title is required?

The only quick workaround I can think of is to create workflow that will check for blank e-mail subjects once the e-mail is created and assign a string such as <empty> to the subject.