Setting of case fields?

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:18 PM
Hi,
I've just started looking at the Queue Manager and it looks like it can solve many of my problems. One thing is missing though and that is the possibility to influence the setting of certain case fields when creating a case from an email. I'd like in particular to be able to set the Prioriy and Type fields on a per queue basis, but also other fields could be useful to influence.
rgds Vegar
Apr 26, 2008 at 8:14 PM
I see that this topic is discussed in the Home section of this page as something to be solved in workflows. I don't see this is possible as I can not find a way to track from which queue a case is originating from (please correct me if I'm wrong on this). In my case this is necessary as I need at least to be able to set priority based on originating queue.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2008 at 7:29 PM
You are correct, it seems like it's tricky to figure this out for the case which I agree is a bit limiting if you are working with many queues. Let me do some thinking here. I would like to avoid rewriting the workflow engine ;-). This can easily become quite complex.

I'm planning to add support for attributes sometime soon for the template parser so I might implement some simple solution to this problem then.
Apr 28, 2008 at 8:06 AM
Thanx for your quick response!
Can I suggest a solution that will help me out in the short term?
Add an option in the queue-parameters section in the configuration file to add originating queue to the end of the case title, e.g. queue:<name of queue>.

This will then enable setting of parameters based on originating queue in my workflow.
rgds Vegar
Coordinator
May 18, 2008 at 11:18 PM
This has been fixed in version 1.5.