returning e-mails/cases

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:13 PM
Hi

A strange thing is hapening.
After deleting a Case in the queue (which is coming from queue manager) i reappears again as a new e-mail? (And queue manager makes a new case again).
It is like the Mail-router retrieves the e-mail again.
I can see that the mail is laying on the e-mail account as read. Why is it comming in the queue again?

Kind Regards

Patrick
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2008 at 12:28 PM
I recognize this problem, I believe it might have to do with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948172. Can you apply hotfix and see if the problem persists? Have you upgraded from CRM 3.0?
Aug 18, 2008 at 8:11 PM
Hi Manso,

We actually made a clean install to avoid those kind of problems. I've seen this hotfix and used it a couple of times.
Our problem occurs when the case is deleted from the queue before it is assigned.
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2008 at 12:27 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure what this might be. If I understand you correctly this would happen even without you having QueueManager running? You delete a case created by Queue Manager and the e-mail re-enters the queue. I don't know the inner workings of CRM well enough to see how that can happen. I would have thought that the e-mail would be deleted as well because it's related to the case.

Can you replicate this behaviour without Queue Manager i.e. you go through the process manually? I can try it as well when I get a chance.

Manso