CRM Queue Manager v2.0 Alpha 1 is now available

Developer
Mar 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Hi!

I have just checked in the first version of CRM Queue Manager v2.0!
Be aware!!! This is a first alpha version and should not be tested in a production environment!
The source code is available in the trunk folder.

I have not yet tested all the functionallity but please feel free to start reporting bugs :)

Regards
Per

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hi

I have tried to run v2.0. I can't get past this line:

_objSettings = (QueueSection)ConfigurationManager.GetSection("queues");

The error it produces is:

The queues configuration looks OK, and v1.6.1 reads it without error. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Unhandled Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for queues: Could not loadfile or assembly 'QueueManagerService' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (C:\Program Files (x86)\CodePlex\CRMQueueManager\QueueManager.Service.exe.Config line 4) ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'QueueManagerService' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Developer
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hi!

We have added a few extra options to the configuration file in version 2.0 that I think you need to include in your old version config file.

Browse http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/66341#1369568
and compare the appSettings to your file. Make sure all keys exists and have the same name.

Let me know how it goes :)

Regards,
Per

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I have made sure every element exists, but I'm afraid the same error is still there.

What would the file or assembly 'QueueManagerService' referred to in line 4 of the config file be? I don't seem to have a file or an assembly of that name.

Cheers

Mike

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I'm interested in testing as well.  Is there an installer available yet?

Thanks,

Chris.

Developer
Mar 28, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Hi

There was a error with the assembly name in the web.config but it is fixed now :)
Change the line to:

<section name="queues" type="QueueManager.Service.QueueSection, QueueManager.Service" />

and it should work better.

Regards
Per

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Hi again.

You are correct. That did make it much better. Thanks for that. I can now get past that line. The next problem I have is this.

Queuemonitor.cs line 43 is:

var queue = _crmHelper.GetQueue(svcContext, new Guid(queueSettings.QueueId));

Which calls:

public Queue GetQueue(ServiceContext svcContext, Guid queueId)
    {
      try
      {
        var existingQueue = (from queue in svcContext.QueueSet
                             where queue.QueueId == queueId
                             select queue).FirstOrDefault();

//Query for the queue
        return existingQueue;
      }
      // Catch any service fault exceptions that Microsoft Dynamics CRM throws.
      catch (FaultException<Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault>)
      {
        // You can handle an exception here or pass it back to the calling method.
        throw;
      }

}

As soon as 'svcContext.QueueSet' is processed, the Access denied error below is thrown. I have tried different users for both the service to run as and also different users/passwords in the app.config file to no avail. I have tried also using the domain admin who has full admin access to CRM server as well as SQL. Sorry to be a pest, but thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mike.

Unhandled exception occurred in ProcessQueue

Exception:

Access is denied.

Stack trace:

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.IOrganizationService.Execute(OrganizationRequest request)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceProxy.ExecuteCore(OrganizationRequest request)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceProxy.Execute(OrganizationRequest request)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceContext.Execute(OrganizationRequest request)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.RetrieveEntityCollection(OrganizationRequest request, NavigationSource source)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute(QueryExpression qe, Boolean throwIfSequenceIsEmpty, Boolean throwIfSequenceNotSingle, Projection projection, NavigationSource source, List`1 linkLookups, String& pagingCookie, Boolean& moreRecords)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute[TElement](QueryExpression qe, Boolean throwIfSequenceIsEmpty, Boolean throwIfSequenceNotSingle, Projection projection, NavigationSource source, List`1 linkLookups)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute[TElement](Expression expression)

at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression)

at System.Linq.Queryable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IQueryable`1 source)

at QueueManager.Helper.CrmHelper.GetQueue(ServiceContext svcContext, Guid queueId) in C:\CRMQM\trunk\QueueManagerHelper\CrmHelper.cs:line 122

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ProcessQueue(QueueSetting queueSettings) in C:\CRMQM\trunk\QueueManagerService\QueueMonitor.cs:line 43

Developer
Mar 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hi!

Are you using CRM 2011 Online with LiveId verification?
Who is the owner of the queue you are trying to access?

Regards
Per

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Hi

No - on premises., and Me. In that Order.

Cheers

Mike

Developer
Mar 29, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Could you post your appsettings from the .config file?
Use can use false data but keep the format of the value:)

Regards,
Per

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Certainly. Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="queues" type="QueueManager.Service.QueueSection, QueueManager.Service" />
  </configSections>
  <!--
  The following section contains settings for your CRM installation and
  also settings for how logging is performed.

CRM settings
     =============
     crmserviceurl        The full URL of the CRM server service endpoint.
     organization         The organization of the CRM server
     username             A service account used to access the CRM server
     password             The password of the CRM service account
     domain               The domain of the service account

Logging
     =============
     logeventlog          Whether to log to the windows application event log
     logerrornotify       The e-mail address to send notification e-mail to whenever an error occur
     logwarningnotify     The e-mail address to send notification e-mail to whenever a warning is raised
     lognotifyfrom        The e-mail 'from' address of all log notification mails sent
     logtofile            Log all activity to a file (will grow huge, for testing only). Full url to file. If empty, nothing is logged.

-->

<appSettings>

<add key="ServerAddress" value="crm.domain.co.uk"/>
    <add key="OrganizationName" value="Org"/>
    <add key="DiscoveryUri" value="http://crm.domain.co.uk/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc"/>
    <add key="OrganizationUri" value="http://crm.domain.co.uk/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"/>
    <add key="HomeRealmUri" value=""/>
    <add key="UserName" value="user" />
    <add key="Password" value="password" />
    <add key="Domain" value="dom" />
    <add key="EndpointType" value="LiveId"/>
    <add key="UserPrincipalName" value=""/>
    <add key="logeventlog" value="true" />
    <add key="logerrornotify" value="user@domain.co.uk" />
    <add key="logwarningnotify" value="user@domain.co.uk" />
    <add key="lognotifyfrom" value="Automatic Mailer &lt;user@domain.co.uk&gt;" />
    <add key="logtofile" value="C:\CRMQM\trunk\QueueManagerService\bin\Debug\logs.log" />

</appSettings>
  <!--
  The following section contains settings for the queues to monitor. You can add
  as many queues as you like by adding more <add ... /> nodes.

name                       The name of the queue (just a description)
     queueid                    The ID of the queue to monitor
     tempqueueid                The ID of the temporary queue
     interval                   Interval between polls in seconds.
     tempqueueage               The number of hours e-mails moved to temp queue should stay there before being removed. 0 is default and will disable clearing of the queue.
     matchcaseticketnumber      When true the subject line of unrelated e-mails are scanned for a valid case number. If a match is found it will be related to the case.
     ignorelist                 E-mails that contain the words will not be processed. Separate the word(s) with semicolon. Case insensitive.
     moveignored                When true e-mails ignored are moved to temporary queue.
     createcontact              When 'true' contacts are created automatically for contacts not found. Should be 'false' when 'sendverificationmail' is set to 'true'.
     sendverificationmail       When 'true' an e-mail is sent out asking for verification.. Should be 'false' when 'createcontact' is set to 'true'.
     allowonlyto                When 'true' only e-mail sent directly to the queue (not CC/BCC) are allowed.
     allowonlyto-reply          When 'true' a reply is sent to the sender.
     allowonlyto-notify         The address specified here will be Bcc:ed in the reply to the sender.
     allowonlyto-from           The from address used when replying
     allowonlyto-template       The full path to the template used in the reply. Will be parsed with {queueaddress} = queue e-mail address, {subject} = subject of e-mail.
     allowonlyto-subject        The subject line of the reply
     verificationmail-from      The e-mail 'from' address of verification e-mail sent. Enter '*' for the queue owner.
     verificationmail-bcc       The address to send blind copies of all verification e-mails to
     verificationmail-subject   The subject line of the verification e-mail
     verificationmail-template  The full path to the template for the verification e-mail
     verificationmail-usehtml   Whether to send as HTML or plain text
     verificationmail-url       The URL of the verfication page
     sendcasemail               Whether to send e-mail when new cases are opened
     casemail-from              Either a GUID or an e-mail address. When a GUID it will be sent using CRM and thus tracked in CRM. When an e-mail address it will be sent using SMTP directly and not tracked in CRM. Enter '*' for the queue owner.
     casemail-fromtype          Either 'queue' or 'systemuser' depending on the object type of the GUID specified in 'casemail-from'
     casemail-notify            A notification address for newly opened case e-mail. Enter '*' for the queue owner.
     casemail-subject           The subject line of the case e-mail (will be parsed)
     casemail-template          Full path to the template to use for the case e-mail (will be parsed)
     casemail-usehtml           Whether to send case e-mail as HTML or plain text
     updatecasedescription      When 'true' the case description field will be updated when the e-mail body when created.
     caseattributes             Specifies which attributes to update when creating cases. Format is "attribute1#type#value1|attribute1#type#value2".
     resolveparent              When 'true' an attempt to resolve the parent account is made.
     resolveparent-notify       The addresses to inform of automatic resolves. Blank disables notification.
     resolveparent-from         The e-mail 'from' address in the resolve e-mail being sent.
     sendcasenotificationmail   When 'true' a separate notification mail is sent when a case is created. Useful for notifying e.g. a support team.
     casenotification-from      The e-mail 'from' address in the notification e-mail being sent. Enter '*' for the queue owner.
     casenotification-to        The recipients (comma separated) that will be notified when a new case is created. Enter '*' for the queue owner.
     casenotification-subject   The subject line of the e-mail being sent
     casenotification-template  Full path to the template used for the notification. Please see templates\casenotify.htm for full documentation.
     casenotification-usehtml   Whether to send notification e-mail as HTML or plain text
     removerepliesfromqueue     When 'true' all incoming e-mails already related to a case will automatically be removed from queue.
     mapcasetoaccount           When 'true' the case will be mapped to the parent account of the contact. When 'false' it will be mapped to the sender of the e-mail.
     parentaccountmissing       If 'mapcasetoaccount' setting is 'true' and contact is missing a parent account, the contact will be used for case creation.
     setresponsiblecontact      When 'true' the case attribute 'responsiblecontact' will be set to the sender of the e-mail.

-->
  <queues>
    <add name="Helpdesk"
         queueid="925fea0e-92a1-dc11-b3a4-0019b9fe0034"
         tempqueueid="925fea0e-92a1-dc11-b3a4-0019b9fe0034"
         interval="60"
         tempqueueage="2"
         matchcaseticketnumber="true"
         ignorelist="out of office;autoreply;auto reply"
         moveignored="true"
         createcontact="true"
         allowonlyto="false"
         allowonlyto-reply="true"
         allowonlyto-notify="user@domain.co.uk"
         allowonlyto-from="*** Helpdesk - No Reply &lt;noreply@ussgroup.co.uk&gt;"
         allowonlyto-template="allowto.htm"
         allowonlyto-subject="Support notification"
         sendverificationmail="false"
         verificationmail-from="*** Helpdesk - No Reply &lt;noreply@ussgroup.co.uk&gt;"
         verificationmail-bcc="user@domain.co.uk"
         verificationmail-subject="Welcome to the Support Desk"
         verificationmail-template="verify.htm"
         verificationmail-usehtml="true"
         verificationmail-url="http://support.domain.com/ClientInformation.aspx"
         sendcasemail="true"
         casemail-from="*** Helpdesk - No Reply &lt;user@domain.co.uk&gt;"
         casemail-fromtype="queue"
         casemail-notify="user@domain.co.uk"
         casemail-subject="Case {ticketnumber} has been created for you"
         casemail-template="case.htm"
         casemail-usehtml="true"
         updatecasedescription="true"
         caseattributes=""
         resolveparent="true"
         resolveparent-notify="user@domain.co.uk"
         resolveparent-from="*** Helpdesk - No Reply &lt;user@domain.co.uk&gt;"
    sendcasenotificationmail="true"
    casenotification-from="Automatic Mailer &lt;noreply@domain.com&gt;"
    casenotification-to="user@domain.co.uk"
    casenotification-subject="{ticketnumber}: A new case has been created"
    casenotification-template="c:\fullpath\casenotify.htm"
    casenotification-usehtml="true"
    removerepliesfromqueue="false"
    mapcasetoaccount="false"
    parentaccountmissing="false"
    setresponsiblecontact="false"
 />
  </queues>

<!--
  Update the network tag with your smtp settings.
  -->
  <system.net>
    <mailSettings>
      <smtp>
        <network host="10.143.1.29" defaultCredentials="true" port="9999" />
      </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
  </system.net>
</configuration>

Developer
Mar 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Hi

Your config file is set up to use LiveId as authentication when you proboly wants to use ActiveDirectory if you are on premisis.
This is easily changed:

For ActiveDirectory authenctication, your appsettings needs to look like this:

<add key="HomeRealmUri" value=""/>
<add key="UserName" value="user" />
<add key="Password" value="password" />
<add key="Domain" value="dom" />
<add key="EndpointType" value="ActiveDirectory"/>
<add key="UserPrincipalName" value=""/>

Try this and see how it goes!

Regards,
Per

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Hi Per,

First off, good work in expanding on a solid project.  Much appreciated. 

So far, so good.  Everything installed cleanly.  I was having trouble getting the service to get the correct Uri / dealing with a token issue.  Once I changed the service from Local Account to a named service account, things started working.  Excellent!

Anyway, I do have an error.  When an email reply comes back, the email is associated with the Case, but is not removed from the queue (even though I have the option set in the config file) and I get the following error:

Exception:

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

Stack trace:

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ContinueProcessEmail(QueueSetting queueSettings, Queue queue, IOrganizationService service, Email email)

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ProcessQueue(QueueSetting queueSettings)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris.

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:05 AM
Edited Apr 5, 2012 at 5:42 AM

Hi Per,

I think the above error is related to an email landing in the queue from the same email address (which is how our tech support team sends out emails - they change the from field to the same as the queue email address).  I suspect there is a lookup that is failing.

But I do have a Feature Request:

It would be nice if I could set the "Customer" field for all new tickets that land in a certain queue.  That is, all emails that appear in queue "Customer A" should have the customerid set to "Customer A".

I tried the attribute setting, but it's either the parent of the contact or the sender's email address.

Thanks,

Chris.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hi

Thanks for your help with the config file. I believe logging in is fine now.

I have downloaded the latest source code, and when I start the service, the following gets thrown:

Exception:
Could not load type 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.IServiceManagement`1' from assembly 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Stack trace:
   at QueueManager.Helper.Crm.ServerConnection.GetServerConfiguration()
12:44:41 Unhandled exception occurred in ProcessQueue

I hope this isn't me being as big a noob as last question. As ever, your help and efforts with this are hugely appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Developer
Apr 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM
mpasse wrote:

Hi

I have downloaded the latest source code, and when I start the service, the following gets thrown:

Exception:
Could not load type 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.IServiceManagement`1' from assembly 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Stack trace:

I hope this isn't me being as big a noob as last question. As ever, your help and efforts with this are hugely appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Since your CRM installation is local, you need to change the URLs in your app settings to:
<add key="DiscoveryUri" value="http://ServerName/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc"/>
<add key="OrganizationUri" value="http://ServerName/OrganizationName/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"/>

Let me know if it worked :)

Regards,
Per

Developer
Apr 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM
ceakin wrote:

Hi Per,

First off, good work in expanding on a solid project.  Much appreciated. 

So far, so good.  Everything installed cleanly.  I was having trouble getting the service to get the correct Uri / dealing with a token issue.  Once I changed the service from Local Account to a named service account, things started working.  Excellent!

Anyway, I do have an error.  When an email reply comes back, the email is associated with the Case, but is not removed from the queue (even though I have the option set in the config file) and I get the following error:

Exception:

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

Stack trace:

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ContinueProcessEmail(QueueSetting queueSettings, Queue queue, IOrganizationService service, Email email)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris.

Hi!

I think this bug has allready been resolved :)
I will create a beta package within a couple of days that includes this fix.
If you want it right now, you can download the latest source code and compile it and overwrite the the content in you installation folder with the content in the compiled bin folder (just save your .config file before you do it).

Regards,
Per

Developer
Apr 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM
ceakin wrote:

Hi Per,

I think the above error is related to an email landing in the queue from the same email address (which is how our tech support team sends out emails - they change the from field to the same as the queue email address).  I suspect there is a lookup that is failing.

But I do have a Feature Request:

It would be nice if I could set the "Customer" field for all new tickets that land in a certain queue.  That is, all emails that appear in queue "Customer A" should have the customerid set to "Customer A".

I tried the attribute setting, but it's either the parent of the contact or the sender's email address.

Thanks,

Chris.

Hi!

I think this can be done using configuration, let me know if I'm misstaken :)

By using:
resolveparent=true, it will try and resolve the parrent account for a new contact, by looking at the domain address of the senders email address. If you have +10 contacts with the same parentaccount and email domain name, the new contact will be connected to that account aswell.
mapcasetoaccount=true, The case will be mapped to the parent account.
parentaccountmissing=true, If the contact is missing a parent account, the contact will be used for case creation.

Regards,
Per

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Eneuman wrote:
mpasse wrote:

Hi

Exception:

Stack trace:

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Since your CRM installation is local, you need to change the URLs in your app settings to:
<add key="DiscoveryUri" value="http://ServerName/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc"/>
<add key="OrganizationUri" value="http://ServerName/OrganizationName/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"/>

Regards,
Per

Hi Per

These settings are already in my config file. If I follow the links, I get the correct service page too.

Cheers

Mike

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Hi Per,

Yes, you are correct and this is how things have been setup.

However, I have numerous queues setup, one for each client.  The challenge is, vendors and other third parties also email the support queues - sometimes the same vendor emails different support queues.  So, the Ticket gets associated with the parent of the sender, which may or may not be the customer I support.

Again, this is a nice-to-have and I can appreciate the changes that would be necessary to support this request.  Unless there is an easy way I could use the attribute setting as I know the GUID of the Account associated for each queue??  It probably makes sense to table this request as I'm sure you have enough moving parts to focus on at the moment.

Thanks, Chris. 

Developer
Apr 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM
mpasse wrote:
Eneuman wrote:
mpasse wrote:

Hi

Exception:

Stack trace:

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Regards,
Per

Hi Per

These settings are already in my config file. If I follow the links, I get the correct service page too.

Cheers

Mike

Hi

In the new beta version, there is a configuration tool that will verify your connection settings to the CRM server.
Could you try and run this tool and see if it fixes your problem?

Regards,
Per