determining queue id

Sep 2, 2008 at 8:15 PM
i'm not a developer but i'm looking to use this in our crm implementation but not sure how to get the queue id of the queu's i'm looking to monitor?

appreciate any help
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2008 at 10:59 PM
You have to go to Settings - Business Management - Queues and open the queue you which to monitor. In the address field you will find something similar to

http://crmserver/organization/tools/queuingmanager/edit.aspx?id={0A611B24-905D-DA11-8DC1-00C09F09CEC3}

In this case the GUID is 0A611B24-905D-DA11-8DC1-00C09F09CEC3. I suggest you create a new queue in addition to the ones you want to monitor that is called Support Temp or something that is used to for routing e-mails that are awaiting verification, are igonored by subject line filtering etc. The ID of this new queue should go in the setting tempqueueid.
Sep 3, 2008 at 8:00 AM
Thanks that seems to be kicking in now, sorry if i'm being thick here but i now get the following error which i can't make heads nor tails of, although it does seem to reference a C:\Projects folder which isn't on my C: drive.  when i send an email it comes back to me as a case which is good, don't think it's doing the notify emails in the bcc fields but that may have something to do with the below error?  thanks again!

Unhandled exception occurred in ProcessQueue

Exception:
The parameter 'to' cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: to

Stack trace:
   at System.Net.Mail.MailMessage..ctor(String from, String to)
   at QueueManager.Helper.CRMHelper.SendNetMail(String Subject, String Body, String SendTo, String SendToBcc, String SendFrom, Boolean Html) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerHelper\CRMHelper.vb:line 493
   at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.CreateCase(IncomingEntity objEntity, email objEMail, QueueSetting QueueSettings, queue objQueue) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerService\QueueMonitor.vb:line 605
   at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ProcessQueue(QueueSetting QueueSettings) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerService\QueueMonitor.vb:line 226

Coordinator
Sep 4, 2008 at 7:06 AM
You have to configure the To address for the casenotification if you have enabled it.