Exception: Access is denied

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:24 AM

First of all, thanks so much for creating this software, it looks like it will be of great use to us.

We have an on premise CRM server, and I have installed CRM QueueManager 2.0 Beta 2. The Configurator tool freezes when I enter the credentials but this is not a problem, I edited the config file manually.

Due to having on premise, I changed this line:

 <add key="EndpointType" value="LiveId"/>
to

 <add key="EndpointType" value="ActiveDirectory"/>



The problem is, I start the CRM service, it starts fine, then I get notification emails saying:


Unhandled exception occurred in ProcessQueue

Exception:

Access is denied.

Stack trace:

Server stack trace:

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.IOrganizationService.Execute(OrganizationRequest request)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceProxy.ExecuteCore(OrganizationRequest request)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.OrganizationServiceContext.Execute(OrganizationRequest request)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.RetrieveEntityCollection(OrganizationRequest request, NavigationSource source)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute(QueryExpression qe, Boolean throwIfSequenceIsEmpty, Boolean throwIfSequenceNotSingle, Projection projection, NavigationSource source, List`1 linkLookups, String& pagingCookie, Boolean& moreRecords)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute[TElement](QueryExpression qe, Boolean throwIfSequenceIsEmpty, Boolean throwIfSequenceNotSingle, Projection projection, NavigationSource source, List`1 linkLookups)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.Execute[TElement](Expression expression)

   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Linq.QueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression)

   at System.Linq.Queryable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IQueryable`1 source)

   at QueueManager.Helper.CrmHelper.GetQueue(Guid queueId)

   at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ProcessQueue(QueueSetting queueSettings)

 

What should I look at to resolve this?
Thanks very much
Developer
Oct 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Hi

Have you tried to start the configuration tool as Administrator?

Regards,
Per

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Yes, I have run the Configurator as administrator and as normal user, freezes both times and pegs the CPU use at 100%. I left it for an hour and it doesn't unfreeze.

Developer
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Hi

I have now finnaly finished the Beta 3 version. This should now be fixed.
Please run the configuration tool again to update your settings.

Let me know if it still not working :)

//Per

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Thankyou Per, I have downloaded the updated software, and the Configuration Tool still doesn't work, however I get an error now instead of freezing: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am running it as administrator, and the error is thrown when I try to authenticate as the CRM admin user or the domain administrator.

The CRM user that the service runs on is a CRM admin, plus has full rights to all Exchange mailboxes, and I have even tried adding to domain admins to no effect.

By the way, I am getting the Queue GUID from this URL:
http://crmserver/ORG/tools/queuingmanager/edit.aspx?id=%7bCB65DA4C-0B01-E211-83D0-00155D010400%7d#
Which I get when I click on the CRM Queue from the Settings - Queues - All Queues page.

Is that correct?

The same error is thrown as before in Log file and email.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Not sure if this helps, but I change the username to be of the format domain\username and got this error instead:

Unhandled exception occurred in ProcessQueue
Exception:
The caller was not authenticated by the service.
InnerException:
The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed.

The domain field of the config file is still set to the Domain. So I am not sure if this is a step back, or forward.

I also tried another user in the system who is System Administrator, and I get the same Access is Denied error.

Cheers

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I have the same issue. Tried different users and notations, but no avail.

Would be great if someone could have a look - my company wants to move forward with this asap.

Thanks!

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Did anybody ever manage to get this working as i am also getting the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when confirming my credentials.

Cheers

Jon
Jul 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM
wheelerjuk wrote:
Did anybody ever manage to get this working as i am also getting the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when confirming my credentials.

Cheers

Jon
Nevermind fix the issue the the fix listed here https://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/workitem/9700