This project is read-only.

Use Queue Manager just to automatically delete manually converted emails to case.

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:04 AM
Is it possible to use the Queue manager only to automatically delete manually converted emails to case?

We are using CRM 3 before with the free Snapdragon add in we downloaded from Snapdragon site. It works like a charm for us. We just manually convert the email to case and after conversion, the email is automatically deleted from the queue. When we migrated to CRM 4, (of course we cannot use the add in we used in CRM 3). Yes, we can manually convert emails to case but we also have to manually delete the emails from the queue.

Thank you.

JoF

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2008 at 7:53 PM
Hi,

No, this is just one of the steps optionally performed by Queue Manager as part of the process. This particular option can't be used on it's own. Any specific reason why you wish to manually convert incoming e-mail to cases? I believe this is tricky to solve using the workflow editor.
Nov 21, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Hi,

We normally decide which specific entry on the queue needs to be converted to a case. We don’t want the conversion to be automatic and this process works perfectly for us. The only problem with this  with the convert to case built in feature of CRM 4 is -  the deletion of the email once the email has been converted.

Can I just use this queue manager to address the deletion after the email the email has been converted? I also noticed that the email status was change to “completed ” once it was converted. I did try to manipulate this using Workflow if I can do the deletion based on the status, but to no avail.

I hope you can help on this.

JoF

Sent: 21 November 2008 03:53
To: Joyce Fernandez (JoF)
Subject: Re: Use Queue Manager just to automatically delete manually converted emails to case. [crmqueuemanager:40328]

Hi,

No, this is just one of the steps optionally performed by Queue Manager as part of the process. This particular option can't be used on it's own. Any specific reason why you wish to manually convert incoming e-mail to cases? I believe this is tricky to solve using the workflow editor.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM
Hi Jof,

Right now there's no time for me to include this feature and I can't see how it would add much value to other users. Also, this would monitor the queue every n seconds so the e-mail wouldn't immediately be detached from the queue once you convert the case which would cause confusion. If you have basic CRM devs skills at hand you can always have a look at the source code which is well documented and implement this feature quite easily. Have a look at QueueMonitor.vb and the methods ProcessQueue along with DetachFromQueue. That's all you need.

Manso