This project is read-only.

Tracking Tokens leave emails in queue

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Just a great product.  I used the C360 Email to case product and this is much better and definitely more stable. 

It's been working great for months now but one issue is beyond my ability to figure out.  We often get emails sent to the users personally requesting service.  The user will then forward this email to our support queue.  because it went to a user and the email was from a CRM contact a tracking token is applied.  When we forward that email it is sent with the tracking token.  The case is created fine but the email is left in the queue.  This causes no harm but the queue would fill up if we did not manually remove these emails.

If we forward a message that does not have a tracking token everything works fine.  Emails sent directly to the queue generate case fine.  it is only if they have a tracking token.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for a great FREE :) !! product.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2008 at 8:14 PM
Glad you like it :-)

Let's see. We retrieve all e-mail from the queue with the regarding field set to nothing. QueueManager appears to create the case. Hmmm. Is a notification mail sent that the case has been created for an e-mail with a tracking token? It's strange because directly after the case is saved the e-mail is detached from the queue. I can't immediately see why it should fail. What is the setting RemoveRepliesFromQueue set to?

Manso
Dec 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM
I do get a notification email that a case was created.  Is there a different notification if it has a taracking token?  I did not notice that.  The RemoveReplies FromQueue is set to TRUE.  In fact here is the complete settings

<queues>
    <add name="Support"
         queueid="feaec952-5608-db11-9281-0011117f282a"
         tempqueueid="166a8b43-5d86-dd11-b5d0-0015c5e79f32"
         interval="60"
         tempqueueage="72"
         matchcaseticketnumber="true"
         ignorelist="out of office;autoreply;auto reply;postmaster;Undeliverable:"
         moveignored="true"
         createcontact="true"
         allowonlyto="true"
         allowonlyto-reply="true"
         allowonlyto-notify="xxx@xxxtechnologies.com"
         allowonlyto-from="Automatic Mailer &lt;noreply@xxxtechnologies.com&gt;"
         allowonlyto-template="c:\EmailToCase\service\templates\allowto2.htm"
         allowonlyto-subject="Support notification"
         sendverificationmail="true"
         verificationmail-from="Automatic Mailer &lt;noreply@domain.com&gt;"
         verificationmail-bcc="xxx@xxxtechnologies.com"
         verificationmail-subject="Welcome to the Support Desk"
         verificationmail-template="c:\EmailToCase\service\templates\verify.htm"
         verificationmail-usehtml="true"
         verificationmail-url="http://newuser.mcrtechnologies.com/ClientInformation.aspx"
         sendcasemail="true"
         casemail-from="Automatic Mailer &lt;noreply@xxxtechnologies.com&gt;"
         casemail-fromtype="systemuser"
         casemail-notify=""
         casemail-subject="Case {ticketnumber} has been created for you"
         casemail-template="c:\EmailToCase\service\templates\case.htm"
         casemail-usehtml="true"
         updatecasedescription="true"
         caseattributes="severitycode#4|prioritycode#2|casetypecode#3|caseorigincode#2|new_problem#This is an email generated case. See the history for the original email"
         resolveparent="true"
         resolveparent-notify="notify@domain.com"
         resolveparent-from="Automatic Mailer &lt;noreply@mcrtechnologies.com&gt;"
         sendcasenotificationmail="true"
         casenotification-from="Automatic Mailer &lt;noreply@mcrtechnologies.com&gt;"
         casenotification-to="xxx@xxxtechnologies.com"
         casenotification-subject="{ticketnumber}: A new case has been created"
         casenotification-template="c:\EmailToCase\service\templates\casenotify.htm"
         casenotification-usehtml="true"
         removerepliesfromqueue="true"
         mapcasetoaccount="true"
         parentaccountmissing="true"
         setresponsiblecontact="true"
         />
  </queues>
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2008 at 7:48 PM
I'm not sure what goes wrong here. The e-mail should be detached from the all queues straight after the case has been created. No specific logic there. What happens if you set removerepliesfromqueue to false and restart? This option will remove replies from the queue i.e. e-mail already related to a case. When set to false it will simply ignore these e-mail. Interesting to see if the case is created without removing the e-mail if it's set to false. I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work.
Dec 5, 2008 at 1:36 PM
Setting the removerepliesfromqueue to false had no effect.  The emails forwarded without tracking tokens are removed from the queue after a case is generated.  The email forwarded with tracking tokens remain in the queue after cases are created.
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2008 at 11:30 AM
A similar problem is being worked on in

http://www.codeplex.com/crmqueuemanager/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=41962

Are you still experiencing problems or have you found what was causing it?
Dec 22, 2008 at 7:34 PM
Yes,  email with tracking tokens remain in the queue.  I am willing to try any suggestions you may have as I am out of ideas.