This project is read-only.

Status Notification on reply to case

Feb 5, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Currently we have queue manager recieving cases for our support@domain.com emails, it then is converted to a case and deletes the email correctly. 

Our support staff works the case and sends a email to the customer stating that they have resolved the issue and needs customer to verify and then reply back.

They send the reply with the case back to our support email, the reply email is getting attached to the case, but the email message stays in the queue.

The two things that I need are:

delete the email message from the queue and then change the status of the case from "on hold" to "customer replied-open".

Is this easy to do on the system?

Can some one help me develop this solution, I do not mind paying for time if someone can help.

Chad
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Hi Chad,

The normal process is that an incoming e-mail shows up in the queue and QM converts it to a case. You manually assign the case to someone so the case leaves the queue. When a follow up e-mail arrives it's an indication that someone has to do something to the e-mail/case i.e. accept it so it leaves the queue. If you remove the e-mail from the queue automatically you are missing this functionality. You are left with the status change on the case to monitor. Then you need some kind of logic to see what's been dealt with and hasn't...which is a queue - back to square one. I believe the "customer replied-open" status is tring to mimic a queue of "stuff to deal with".

The change can be made to QM by developing some kind of logic to handle this specific scenario but I don't have the time right now. Anyone interested in helping out with the development is free to chip in, though!

Manso
Feb 6, 2009 at 9:47 PM
We send all email from our support CRM queues showing the reply to address as our support, the reason we do this is that our Queues are being worked 24 hours a day by different people.  I need the tickets to come in and be worked by any technician, not just the person that replied to the first case email.  In our case that person may not be back to work for 3 days, and we cant have the ticket sit there for 3 days.

I need a indication that a reply is in the system and then open the case to notify other engineers that a case is open.  This will also start our escalation process again internally.

It will have to be a custom programming job I think, and I really need help with this.  Any one that can help would greatly be appreciated.

Chad
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Hi Chad,

I don't believe dev resources for what you want.

The problem with the e-mail "from" address is not related to the queue, it will always default to the person sending the e-mail regardless of where you send it from. Please see [discussion:46096]. You can always post a messag to see if someone can help out here.

You can setup a workflow that fires when an email is created. Then you do a check condition to filter only the emails that are going to the queue you want which is related to a case (i.e. QM ignores it). From there you can send out a notification with a subject "There is a new email in queue X".

- Manso