website - User Verification URL

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:58 AM
Hi,

at all the queue manager is a great tool, but i did not yet figure out what GET's i have to add to the email link URL  for the Website 
ClientInformation.aspx
for user verification etc.

Is there something documented ?

Thank in advance for your help!!

Hannes
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Thanks. I didn't quite understand your question here so I'll just ramble on... ;-) 

When a client e-mails your monitored queue and doesn't exist as a contact in CRM you have the option of sending him/her a reply e-mail where they can enter their personal information. The link sent out is determined by what you enter in verificationmail-url (along with the content of verificationmail-template). Information neccessary for us to create the contact and relate that information back to the original e-mail along with some queue information is appended to the url that you specify. It's then used by ClientInformation.aspx. So, these are the steps:

1. the contact e-mails you
2. contact doesn't exist (from field unresolved)
3. move e-mail to temp queue (it will stay there for as many hours as you specify in tempqueueage)
4. send out verification e-mail with link to ClientInformation.aspx
5. contact enters information about himself
6. contact created in CRM
7. e-mail From-field updated with contact
8. e-mail is put back on queue, this time with a valid contact
9. case is being created next time QM processes the queue.

Tada!

ClientInformation.aspx (along with ClientInformation.aspx.vb) needs to be placed so your clients can access it (i.e. outside your firewall). Typically your CRM installation is behind the firewall. In many cases your network/system administrators don't want to open up a port in the firewall so you can access the CRM system as it will open up the systems for an attack. However, if you can access your CRM system from the outside then place the two files in an ASP.NET 2.0 site and add the appSetting values from the sample web.config. This requires minimal knowledge of ASP.NET. You can obviously modify the pages to fit your needs i.e. add/remove information and design it to your liking. Or, change it to become a user control and embed that somewhere on your site (if it's an ASP.NET site).

The main benefits of using the verification process is to a) minimize spam b) gather as much information (phone, name, company etc) as possible from the client so you don't have to enter that manually.

Hope this answered your question.