This project is read-only.

Server was unable to process request

Jun 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Hi,

We've use CRM Queue Manager few weeks now and most of the time it's working really good. Sometimes (once a day) when email is being converted to case, for some reason case is generated over and over again until service is stopped manually. I've trying to check what causes the error but can't figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciate. Thanks.

Exception:

Server was unable to process request.

Details:

0x80040203

Attribute regardingobjecttypecode must not be NULL if attribute regardingobjectid is not NULL

Platform

Stack trace:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at QueueManager.Helper.CRM.CrmService.Update(BusinessEntity entity) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerHelper\Web References\CRM\Reference.vb:line 328

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.CreateCase(IncomingEntity objEntity, email objEMail, QueueSetting QueueSettings, queue objQueue) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerService\QueueMonitor.vb:line 552

at QueueManager.Service.QueueMonitor.ProcessQueue(QueueSetting QueueSettings) in C:\Projects\CRMQueueManager\QueueManagerService\QueueMonitor.vb:line 226

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Hi,

Strange. Never seen it before. Seems like the case id is lost somewhere when updating a case. Can you post your config settings?

Thanks,
Manso

Dec 11, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Hi All,

Has this been resolved?  I am also having the duplication issues.  Sometimes it is random, but the last couple days it is happening more.  I have turned off the option to send the customer an email response, because it is notifying them with the duplicates also.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Hi,

I don't know why this is happening in some cases. Which version and rollup of CRM are you using? I know there was a problem with e-mail getting stuck in queue in some early version. Can you see the e-mail in the queue when it's getting generated over and over again? Any other info that might be relevant? How many queues do you have? Any workflows?

Thanks,
Manso

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Hi Manso,

Our CRM version is 4.0.733.1551 and the Queue Manager is version 1.6.0.0.  A couple of the times that a duplication occured was a few days after a case was completed.  The email was no longer in the queue or anywhere.  I checked with a couple of the users to see if they may have been working off line and logged in and synced.  One person did.  I found that my support email was in the main contact email for our company account.  I removed it and am waiting to see if it happens again. 

Now I have seen it happen again, but have not chased down any relevant occurances yet.  I will trace occurances again tomorrow and report any additional findings. 

Do we need additional upgrades?

Thanks again,

Lori

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Hi Lori,

I can't find which rollup that version number relates to but Microsoft has released seven of them with numerous fixes. Latest one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a4893988-7804-4e23-ab58-740441cc696e

I vaguely remember an issue were you ended up with "ghosted" queue items but it was a long time ago. CRM Queue Manager is pretty simple and we simply query the queue and create cases based on the items we get back.

This is a tricky issue to help you out with. I believe it has to do with your setup/version otherwise plenty of people would let us know. Can you try and upgrade to see if that helps you out? A crappy answer, I know...

Thanks,
Manso

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2009 at 7:41 PM

These are the issues I mentioned above with queue items not getting properly deleted:

http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-dynamics-crm/457199-items-deleted-queue-do-not-fully-delete.html
http://www.shanmcarthur.net/Default.aspx?DN=9dd815ea-5a19-4653-bd3e-1454e5ad7fb9

Don't know if this is relevant. Only applies to upgrades from CRM 3.0.

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Hi Manso,

Thank you for your help; I will check on the upgrades tomorrow.  I did just test the theory of an internal employee working offline then syncing.  It did create duplicate cases of email that were no longer in the queue.  I will let you know the results of the upgrades and findings.

Lori