removerepliesfromqueue - not working

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Hi

I have the queue manager installed now and working - well done and a great solution, why something like this is not part of the core package I guess we will never know!

One aspect I cannot figure out, I have removerepliesfromqueue set to "true" but when I test it (ie. use a test contact to create a case, then reply on the case notification) the reply email does not get removed.  It does get attached to the case, but the mail itself is still in the queue.

Is there anything else I should be checking?

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Hi,

Can't really see why it shouldn't work. Are you a developer? In that case feel free to follow the flow in

http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/14038#110885

which is pretty self-explanatory. Search for removerepliesfromqueue and see where it's used. Maybe something there might guide you to what you might have missed.

Sorry for a lame attempt at helping you out here...

Manso

Jul 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM
Sorry.....not a developer! I might try creating a new config file?

Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 02 July 2009 11:36
To: [email removed] <[email removed]>
Subject: Re: removerepliesfromqueue - not working [crmqueuemanager:61202]

Hi,Can't really see why it shouldn't work. Are you a developer? In that case feel free to follow the flow inhttp://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/14038#110885which is pretty self-explanatory. Search for removerepliesfromqueue and see where it's used. Maybe something there might guide you to what you might have missed.Sorry for a lame attempt at helping you out here...Manso

LEGAL NOTICE This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in error please notify the originator of the message.
This footer also confirms that this email message has been
scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
states them to be the views of PFH.

This email has been processed using PFH Custodian Email Service.
Developer
Jul 2, 2009 at 1:47 PM

PFHOrk,

It sounds like you may also be using the "MatchCaseTicketNumber" option.  I had this same issue and had to fix it via the source code as shown here: http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2833

If you have any sort of access to a development environment that would enable you to take care of it.

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Hi

Unfortunately I have no access to a development environment! 

So is it if “matchcaseticketnumber” is on, “removerepliesfromqueue” does not work?

Regards

Jason Boyle
Professional Services Manager

Sent: 02 July 2009 14:47
To: Jason Boyle

PFHOrk,

It sounds like you may also be using the "MatchCaseTicketNumber" option. I had this same issue and had to fix it via the source code as shown here: http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2833

If you have any sort of access to a development environment that would enable you to take care of it.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Any prices quoted or services described are subject to our standard terms and conditions of business.

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Hi,

Seems like cmerrill has found a problem here which I will merge into the main release when I get a chance.

cmerril, are you interested in helping out with development? I'm under a lot of pressure and simply don't find the time to work on this as much as I want to.

So, for know it seems like the solution is to disable the matchticketnumber.

Many thanks for your help here.

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Hi

If I disable match ticket number does that mean that new mails on the same case get new cases created?  By the way Manso, you should see if MS want to give you some royalties for this as, bar this problem, it is a great bit of code.

Jason Boyle
Professional Services Manager

Sent: 03 July 2009 10:37

Hi,

Seems like cmerrill has found a problem here which I will merge into the main release when I get a chance.

cmerril, are you interested in helping out with development? I'm under a lot of pressure and simply don't find the time to work on this as much as I want to.

So, for know it seems like the solution is to disable the matchticketnumber.

Many thanks for your help here.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email crmqueuemanager@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Any prices quoted or services described are subject to our standard terms and conditions of business.

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Hi,

matchcaseticketnumber helps y scanning for CRM tickets in the subject of e-mails. Users tend to confuse the tracking token and the case ticket number (understandably...). When someone sends you an e-mail with the case number in the subject line and asks for the status of that e-mail CRM would create a new case if we didn't do ticket matching.

No royalties needed. I'm glad you like it, though! Seems like it has helped a lot of people out there. It would be great if I could get some community help to put in some work into this because I'm swamped with work at the moment.

Let's see if we could get this fixed quickly.

Manso

Developer
Jul 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Sure, I'm game for helping although c# is my forte.  I attached a fixed .vb file to the site (http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2833).  I'm not sure of the appropriate way to fix the binaries and upload them to the site.  I've made other custom modifications to my  copy of the code so I'd need to download the entire code tree before building the solution.

I'm not real proud of the way I fixed the problem.  Keep in mind that it requires two iterations of running the application/service: once to associate the email to the case (matchcaseticketnumber) and a second time to remove the email from the queue (removerepliesfromqueue).  I'll have to look into the code further to find a better solution with minimal code changes.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:52 AM
Hey two iterations are better than queues with dead mail! So all help greatly appreciated. Thanks. How do I get this into my version or does someone need to recompile?

Sent: 06 July 2009 14:29

Sure, I'm game for helping although c# is my forte. I attached a fixed .vb file to the site (http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2833). I'm not sure of the appropriate way to fix the binaries and upload them to the site. I've made other custom modifications to my copy of the code so I'd need to download the entire code tree before building the solution.I'm not real proud of the way I fixed the problem. Keep in mind that it requires two iterations of running the application/service: once to associate the email to the case (matchcaseticketnumber) and a second time to remove the email from the queue (removerepliesfromqueue). I'll have to look into the code further to find a better solution with minimal code changes.

Developer
Jul 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM

PFHOrk,

I downloaded the original source files, made slight modifications to the Queue Manager Service and recompiled a QueueManagerService.exe.  Right now I don't have a good method for testing it but you are welcome to try it out.  Rename the QueueManagerService.exe and QueueManagerService.pdb files and replace them with the files in the .zip file I posted here http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2833.

Please let me know how it goes.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:21 PM
Great thanks I am travelling until next week so will test when I get back and let you know how I get on. Your help is much appreciated!

Sent: 07 July 2009 15:06

PFHOrk,I downloaded the original source files, made slight modifications to the Queue Manager Service and recompiled a QueueManagerService.exe. Right now I don't have a good method for testing it but you are welcome to try it out. Rename the QueueManagerService.exe and QueueManagerService.pdb files and replace them with the files in the .zip file I posted here http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2833.Please let me know how it goes.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Hi

That seems to have done the trick – thanks for your assist!  I have done some basic testing and all looks OK.  I will be able to do more thorough testing in couple of weeks so if there are any problems I will let you know!

Sent: 07 July 2009 15:05

PFHOrk,

I downloaded the original source files, made slight modifications to the Queue Manager Service and recompiled a QueueManagerService.exe. Right now I don't have a good method for testing it but you are welcome to try it out. Rename the QueueManagerService.exe and QueueManagerService.pdb files and replace them with the files in the .zip file I posted here http://crmqueuemanager.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=2833.

Please let me know how it goes.