Installation Requirements for CRM 4.0

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Hi,

This looks like a wonderful CRM 4.0 enhancement and I'm excited to try it.

Question Please:

Are there any dependencies on a particular Dynamics CRM 4.0 update rollup? Specifically, are there any known issues if I apply CRM update rollup 5 AMD64 prior to install CRM Queue Manager?

It looks like Update Rollup 5 was released July 6th and I'm wondering if anyone running CRM Queue Manager has applied it yet?

If not, what is a safe rollup? I'm pretty sure we're on update rollup 3 or 4 as the online updates were applied and installatin is less than three weeks old.

Version we're running looks to be 4.0.733.3 and I found the following on CRM Lady's blog: http://www.crmlady.com/2009/07/microsoft-dynamics-crm-rollup-5-released.html

"The build number of the update rollup packages for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server, for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Microsoft Office Outlook, and for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 E-mail Router is 4.00.7333.1644"The build number of the update rollup packages for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server, for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Microsoft Office Outlook, and for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 E-mail Router is 4.00.7333.164"

Thanks,

Vin

Developer
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM

In the past I've used this reference http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2009/01/crm-40-build-versions.html for CRM 4.0 build numbers.

We are running CRM Queue Manager with UR4 without any issues.

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

cmerril,

Thanks for the url; looks like we are actually running RTM then? I know it ran updates but those must not be the same updates as the update rollup?

Anyway, I took a snapshot of the VM so I guess I'll be the Update Rollup 5 test.

Jul 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM

CRM Queue Manager ConsoleMode seems to be compatible with Dynamics CRM 4.0 update rollup 5 4.00.7333.1644

Have not tried as a service or with a volume of emails but will soon.

Again, really nice add-in.

Thank you very much,

Vin