This project is read-only.

Location of SenderAddress in email message for Contact Creation

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Hi All,

Is the "SenderAddress" the SMTP sender field in the email message? Is there a way to specify the subject or body for the "contact email" source?

Contact creation. If you can't/don't want to use the verification page you can configure CRM Queue Manager to create the contact automatically. It first tries to locate an existing contact using emailaddress1, emailaddress2 and emailaddress3. A problem with other solutions out there is that they only use emailaddress1. Many times customers use different e-mail addresses which will result in multiple contacts and increased maintenance.

Can CRM Queue Manager be configured to parse the SenderAddress from diffent sections of an SMTP message? If not, it seems like it would be nice to parse different parts of the message for the SenderAddress based on a QueueManagerService.exe.config setting with three parameters: Sender, Subject, Body

Here's the thing, in some cases verification is already complete when the mesage arrives. In my case it is a payment notification. I realize IPN is more elegant but with it comes complexity and cost as compared to using a store and forward scheme with this nifty Queue Manager that will crank out the contacts/cases.

Is there a better way still?

Thanks,

Vin

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Edited Jul 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Hi Vin,

I'm not quite following you here. The process is as follows:

An e-mail enters the queue. If the account/contact exists it will automatically be related to that account/contact by CRM E-mail Router. In this case QM simply creates a case, removes the e-mail from the queue and sends an e-mail to the sender according to the five casemail-* settings.

With this in mind, what kind of functionality are you looking for when an e-mail enters the queue? Parse the e-mail body/subject and look for specific information? Where should that be used?

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough:

Scenario:

1. contact/account may or may not be created yet ; Contact Creation is a frequent activity; contact account frequently will not exist and treated as unmatched by Queue Manager service
  2. smtp sender address is a third party, may or may not always be the same but will never be the target contact email address
  3. email address for contact may be in subject or  body field of the smtp message

Funcionality Needed:

Parse the e-mail subject/body for an smtp address for use in Queue Manager Contact Creation process. Basically, use an email address located in the SMTP message subject or body for Contact Creation so when subsequent CRM routing rules workflows email forms to the correct smtp address

So,

sendcasemail="TRUE" , casemail-from = SMTP (set by QueueManagerService), casemail-fromtype=queue (set by QueueMangaerService), casemail-notify = ??????

resolveparent="TRUE" (but there is not an account)

casenotification-to= (what value is this set with? I assume the FROM field from the email message in the Queue QueueManagerService is processing?)

mapcasetoaccount="TRUE" (I understand the value here are 10 matches or parentaccountmissing is set "TRUE"

parentacountmissing="TRUE

setresponsiblecontact= (what value is this set with? I assume the FROM field from the email message in the Queue QueueManagerSerivce is processing?)

Does that help?

Thank you,

Vin

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Hi Vin, sorry but it sounds like you are looking for a very custom solution. I can't see a broad use for this kind of functionality in QM and it's not a straight forward implementation. QM is however open source so feel free to download the source and get a developer who can make the neccessary changes for you. Won't take long.

Jul 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Thanks Manso,

I take your point;  I was just wondering if I could get lucky...:-)

This was not a practical idea that I had. I'll have to use workflow/data imports to do this properly.

Vin