Replies to cases and user creation

Jan 28, 2010 at 6:47 AM

Hi,

Can I firstly say how brilliant this is, really makes dealing with cases so much easier.

Could I ask what is meant to happen when someone replies to a case notification? Is it meant to process the email and add it to a case or at leat notify the support tech?

Also, I only tried this once so far, but when I sent a new ticket request in from an unkown email address, I went to the asp confirmation page and entered the company name as Test (our testing company), but it did not apply that piece of information to the contact.

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Glad you liked it.

I suggest two possible setups. Either send notifications from from a "no-reply" sender address. Or make sure you include the case number in the subject line of the notification mail and turn on the case number matching feature. It will relate any replies back to the original case. The reason we send notifications and verifications as "normal" e-mail and not as CRM mail activities is that they are all the same and will clog up the history in CRM.

I believe the "Company" information on the verification page only will be added to the description field of the contact so you know which company they belong to when looking at the newly created contact. It would be too unscientific to try and relate to an account by it's name, as entered by an end user. This can obviously be extended with account number, customer id or whatever information your organization requires. It takes an hour of dev work for someone with .NET knowledge, though.

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:02 PM

ok, thanks for clarifying. Will look into the options!