Responsible contact and Case attributes

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:42 PM

How can we set the Responsible Contact field now with the changes?

I am also trying to set a Case Attribute and getting the following error: "Dynamic property definition incorrect: caseorigincode#picklist#2" using the following setting :"caseattributes="caseorigincode#picklist#2""

Jeff

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Hi,

responsiblecontact is a true/false setting. When true the responsible contact field of the case will be set to the contact.

caseattributes="caseorigincode#2"

should do the trick. Attribute type is discovered automatically. For more attributes seperate with pipe (|) char.

Manso

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Thank you for the reply, changing the caseattributes worked perfectly.  However, we are still having an issue with the responsiblecontact setting.  We have it set to true (it has been that way since prerollup 1) and has been working fine.  Now after Rollup 8 it doesn't work at all regardless of the setting.  Is there something we are missing or has Rollup 8 caused an issue?

Jeff

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Are you using 1.61? I haven't heard from anyone else but I'll try it out.

Manso

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Yes, we are using 1.61 and CRM 4.0 with Rollup 8 installed.

Jeff

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Hmm. The only thing that has changed between 1.6 and 1.61 is displayed below:

================
'Should we update the responsible contact field?
If QueueSettings.SetResponsibleContact Then
        Dim objResponsible As New LookupProperty
        objResponsible.Name = "responsiblecontactid"
        objResponsible.Value = New Lookup
        objResponsible.Value.type = objEntity.Type
        objResponsible.Value.Value = objEntity.ID
        objProperties.Add(objResponsible)
End If

================
If QueueSettings.SetResponsibleContact AndAlso objEntity.CaseEntityType = EntityName.contact.ToString Then
        Dim objResponsible As New LookupProperty
        objResponsible.Name = "responsiblecontactid"
        objResponsible.Value = New Lookup
        objResponsible.Value.type = objEntity.CaseEntityType
        objResponsible.Value.Value = objEntity.CaseEntityID
        objProperties.Add(objResponsible)
End If

We're only updating the responsible contact if the entity type that the case is created for is a contact i.e. not an account (because then we don't have a reference to a contact). Any clues?

I don't think rollup 8 is relevant as many other things would fail if this fails.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hi,

I also have a problem with the changes between 1.6 and 1.61 regarding responsible contact setting. We map cases to accounts (using the mapcasetoaccount setting) since our customers are accounts. Still we need to have the responsible contact set on the case. We use this to be able to send automatic status updates etc. to the contact that initiated the case creation.

Is there a way to get around these changes and go back to the previous functionality?

/Vegar

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Has anyone figured out  this problem in 1.61 with responsible contact? 

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Are you talking about  the responsible contact being set to the contact and customer being set to the parent account of the responsible contact  .

Just set mapcasetoaccount to false.   I then  have a workflow when the case is auto created that checks to see if both the responsible contact and the customer are the same.  If so then it sets the customer field to the parent of the responsible contact.

Aug 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Thank you,  this worked great